Following the traditions of our ancestors
- 1.5 l beef broth (home-made if possible)
- 200g minced beef
- 4 egg yolks
- 250g fresh porcini mushrooms
- Porcini mushroom powder
- 1 leek
- 1 carrot
- 100g celery
- Seasoning (salt and pepper)
- Some pepper corns
- Juniper berries
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dried chilli pepper
- 4-5 ice cubes
PreparationIn order to achieve a professional double consommé it is essential that we make it clear. You will find it is not complicated at all and can be done fast and easily. The result will be amazing. The clarification process:
- Brush and wash the vegetables and mushrooms
- Mince the washed vegetables and mushrooms and add to the beef.
- Add the egg yolk and seasoning, (ground juniper berries, pepper corns and 1 bay leaf).
- Add the ice cubes.
- If required, add to the taste with the mushrooms powder.
- Mix everything gently with 3/4 l of water and allow to simmer.
- Throughout take care to stir thoroughly on the bottom of the pan. Otherwise the yolks will burn and stick to it.
- When the soup reaches approx. 80° C, stop stirring.
- Now the yolk, the beef and the vegetables will rise to the surface.
- When you take that out carefully, it will reveal a perfectly clear soup.
- Let it simmer for approx. 20-30 minutes.
- Strain the soup through a kitchen towel.
- Cook the soup again and remove any foam that forms.
- Taste and add seasoning as required.
- Using kitchen roll, remove the fat from the surface of the mushroom soup.
- Serve with fried sliced mushrooms or mushrooms dumplings.
- "Mini Puff pastry Croissants" or cheese sticks make a suitable side dish.