Stay in touch with the Dutch
- 2 l beef broth
- 200g minced pork
- 2 shallots, diced
- 150g grated Gouda (or other “fresh cheese” aka “fromage frais”)
- 2 rods of leek, cut into rings
- 1 beaker crème fraiche
- 1 hull of chili
- 1 clove of garlic (optional, but necessary if you really want the original)
- A little concentrated butter
- Seasoning (salt and vinegar)
- Sweat the shallots in concentrated butter.
- Add the minced pork.
- Let it braise.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper,
- Chop the hull of chili and add sprinkle over the pork
- Add chopped clove of garlic (optional)
- Roast for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the broth, followed by the rings of leek.
- Stir and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add crème fraiche and grated Gouda (or a substitute).
- Let it come to the boil, then taste.
- Add seasoning as required.
- Serving suggestion:
- Roast some small dices of bread (croutons).
- Add the croutons to the soup, with chives (optional).
- Serve immediately.