Rustic and delicious, for every day!
- 800g lean pork belly
- 500g fresh carrots
- 1 bunch of soup greens
- 500g of peeled potatoes
- 2-3 onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- Peppercorns and cloves
- Place the pork belly in boiling, salted water.
- Add the soup greens, 2 bay leaves and some peppercorns
- Add 3-4 cloves and cook slowly for about 45 - 60 min. until soft.
- Peel the potatoes and carrots first and cut into 3 cm long strips.
- Fry the chopped onion in butter or lard until translucent.
- Add the potatoes and onions to the broth.
- Cover the pork belly with the broth and parboil for 5 - 10 min.
- Add the carrots and some freshly plucked and chopped marjoram.
- Do not cook for too long, the carrots must remain "al dente".
- Add salt and pepper to taste.