The perfect, rustic soup for many occasions.
- 100g streaky bacon, diced
- 500g original cabanossi in slices
- 500g small white beans
- 1 litre of meat stock
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 2-3 medium onions
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots
- 100g celery root
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large yellow pepper
- ½ chilli, chopped
- Some fresh marjoram and thyme
- Some fresh parsley, chopped
- Some butter oil
- Soften the white beans in water the day before
- Fry the streaky bacon, chopped onions and garlic in some butter oil and add paprika and tomato puree.
- Add the softened beans and some of the water as well as the meat stock
- Allow to cook on low for 45mins. until the beans are completely soft.
- Chop the chilli, carrots, celery root and peppers into ½ cm size pieces and finely chop the herbs.
- Add to the soup for the last 10mins of cooking, taste and add the cabanossi right at the end, along with the finely chopped herbs.
- One could also add small pieces of potatoes.