The classic Alsatian dish, interpreted in my own way
- 300 g wheat flour
- 25 g fresh yeast
- a little milk, just sufficient for a lean dough
- 3-4 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 150 g streaked bacon in thin slices
- 1 cup sour cream
- 100 g goat cheese
- a little olive oil
- a little fresh thyme
- Seasoning (salt and pepper)
PreparationFor the tarte flambée:
- Crumble the yeast into lukewarm milk and let it dissolve. Add the flour and a bit olive oil. Then knead it into a smooth, firm dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for 25-30 minutes in a warm place.
- Knead the risen dough again and roll it out until it is quite thin.
- Preheat the oven to the highest setting.
- Season the sour cream with salt and pepper. Add thyme according to taste.
- Spread this onto the dough. On top of that, arrange the sliced onions and bacon and the crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake the tarte in the preheated the oven for approximately 12-15 minutes.