Sausage salad recipe for every day, why not a white sausage (Bavarian Weisswurst) variant?
- 350 - 400g of white sausage, ideally authentic Bavarian Weisswurst, skinned and sliced. (You may need to go to your local delicatessen or German butcher).
- 150g fresh radish, sliced
- 1 - 2 medium-sized red onions
- 5-6 large radishes, sliced
- 6-8 chopped capers
- 2 medium gherkins, sliced
- Half a bunch of chives, chopped
- 2 tbspn. of sweet mustard
- 2 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp. of rape oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Create a tasty vinaigrette by mixing together the mustard, vinegar, spices, some of the gherkin juice and oil.
- Add the sausage meat, radish, capers, onions and radishes and season to taste.
- Finally, sprinkle some fresh chives.
Serve with a heavy, thick slices of bread and crispy fried potatoes.