Easy, quick and delicious for the whole family, for every day.
- 4 pieces of fresh Bratwurst
- 1kg fresh cabbage, cut into 2cm large leaves
- 500g peeled potatoes, cut into 1cm-sized chunks
- 500ml meat stock
- 100g bacon, chopped into chunks
- 1 small bunch of chopped parsley
- Salt, freshly ground pepper, 2 bay leaves, 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- Some vegetable oil
- Remove the sausage meat from the skins and create small meat balls with moist hands.
- Warm the caraway seeds in some water in the microwave for 1 minute and then leave to stand in the water for 5-10 minutes.
- Fry the bacon in oil with the onions until soft and glassy.
- Add the potato chunks and pour in the meat stock.
- Add salt, pepper and the soaked caraway seeds and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the already prepared cabbage and cook with for 6-7 minutes with the lid on. The cabbage must remain firm, do not over cook.
- Now add the Bratwurst meatballs and stir in, allowing to cook for a further 5 minutes with the lid on.
- If you prefer this dish slightly thicker and creamier, one can add 1-2 tbsp of potato puree at the end and stir in.